Happy New Year!
I hope this finds you well and trust that you and those you loved had a lovely holiday season.
What most people love about the New Year is a time to start fresh—it’s like a brand new, crisp, clean notebook that you and only you have the ability to fill in with the story you desire.
The pages of the notebook are blank and hat goes onto those pages are all your choice—from how you feel, to how you look, to who you are in relationship with—it’s ALL your choice.
As you begin this New Year, I invite you to take some time with a pen & notebook (or, if you are like me & would rather type, a blank word.doc) and reflect on the following questions that will help you create a 2016 you will be excited to live.
New Year, Your Life, Your Story! What will it be?
1. What am I most grateful for from 2015?
2. What did I love the most about 2015?
3. What do I not want to repeat in 2016?
4. What is no longer in alignment in my life now?
5. How do I want to feel at the end of 2016?
6. What needs to happen to make me smile when I reflect back on 2016?
7. What needs to happen to make that smile even bigger?
8. When I’m reflecting on 2016, what will I be most excited and proud about?
9. What action(s) do I need to take to create that feeling?
10. What is one small thing I can do today to create that feeling?
I want to leave you with one of my all-time favorite quotes:
“The longer I love, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break a company…a church….a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude…
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our attitudes.”
Here’s to a Smart, Sexy 2016 filled with Vibrant energy!